Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Good News/Bad News

Well I got the results from my doctor today and I have good news and bad news.  The good/great news is I don't have PCOS.  I do have symptoms of it though so my doctor started me on metformin.  The pharmacist said that this is normally used for diabetes which I all ready knew about but she said that they found out it could be used to treat symptoms like mine when people who were diabetic were getting pregnant when they were on this medicine.  I'm not saying this will help Brandon and I get pregnant, but it will help get my cycle back on track hopefully.  I am supposed to take this for two months and then let me doctor know after two months how things are going.  The bad news is also I don't have PCOS, so they don't exactly know what is wrong with me.  Hopefully, the weight loss and this medicine will help get everything back on track.

I have counseling tomorrow at Iowa State, I only have two weeks left with this counselor and then they are going to transfer me to a new one because the one I'm with now is leaving Iowa State to go to a different university.

I go weigh in on Thursday so I probably won't make another post until I weigh in on Thursday.

Tori

No comments:

Post a Comment