Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Vacation!

It's been a while since I posted last.  This week has kind of been a whirlwind.  Last Thursday I went to Weight Watchers and lost 2.8 pounds, which meant I was only .4 pounds away from losing 10 total.  I set a goal for myelf to get to that 10 pounds this week. 

On Monday morning I got a phone call that my dad's dad had had a major heart attack and was rushed to the hospital.  My grandpa had a quadruple bipass in 1993, so if he had gotten another bipass done he wouldn't have survived it this time.  They had to wait a while to let him get a little more stable so they could do an EKG.  The EKG showed that he had some damage done to his heart but it wasn't critical.  He will have to have a stent put in in 4-6 weeks and rest until then.  He will be in the hospital until Friday, so continued prayer would be excellent!

I went to Weight Watchers yesterday because we are leaving for vacation today after Brandon gets off work.  Like I said up above I wanted to get to that 10 pound mark this week, and I did!  I lost 1.4 pounds (mind you I went two days early), so that makes 11 pounds in four weeks!  My goal for this next month is to get to my 5% lost goal, which is 14 pounds, so I only have 3 pounds to go.  Yes now you can all figure out how much I weighed before but I don't care because I'm changing my lifestyle.

The medicine that my doctor put me on is working, because I noticed this morning while getting ready I noticed I didn't have as much acne on my face and the medicine was supposed to help balance my hormones, which it is doing just that!  I hope in the next few weeks my "monthly friend" will come along since I haven't had one since February. 

Brandon and I are driving to Kansas City tonight to stay in a hotel and then we fly out tomorrow morning at 7:25 to fly to Los Angeles.  We are staying at a Holiday Inn Resort in Anaheim and we are going to spend 3 days in the parks.   I am going to get one of those electric wheelchairs because off my foot.  I know I won't be able to walk around the parks very easily.  We will get back on Sunday which is Brandon's birthday. 

I am really really nervous about keeping to weight watchers while I'm on vacation because going to Disney and Disney is not known for having the most healthy food.  I'm really nervous about going to Weight Watchers next week but even if I gain I need to realize I can get that weight right back off.

Then next weekend I'm going down to Missouri to see my dad, grandparents, and my dad's friend Julie.  Then that Monday (30th), I'm having foot surgery number two. 

I hope you all have a great rest of the week and I will post pictures when I get back!

Tori

No comments:

Post a Comment