Saturday, July 28, 2012

Home from California

Well, I've been home for 6 days now.  Brandon and I had a blast in Disneyland.  We stayed at a Holiday Inn Resort in Anaheim and took the public transportation to Disneyland every day.  We went to both Disneyland and Disney's California Adventure.  We left Kansas City on time at 7:25 am, and landed about 10 minutes ahead of time at 8:45 am.  We got our baggage and found the shuttle service to take us to the resort.  We checked in and to our surprise our room was ready at about 10:30.  We dropped our stuff in the room and headed to the parks.  We pretty much stayed in Disneyland all day since we didn't have a full day.  On the first night we left about 7:00 and went to Bubba Gumps in ANAHEIM, not LONG BEACH (right dad?)  We really enjoyed ourselves at both parks and since I am still dealing with a foot injury I used an electric wheelchair all days.  We rode a lot of rides and rode everything we wanted to with a couple of repeats.   The new Cars Land is amazing and has so much to see.

I didn't follow weight watchers while in California so to my surprise this morning when I weighed in I lost not gained.  I only .8 pounds but that's ok.

I am having foot surgery Monday morning, and am fully going to enjoy this weekend and get some scrapbooking done.  I made a couple of cards that I needed to make today.  Tonight I am going to work on my scrapbook that I started for Brandon and I, from the time we first started dating through present.

I promised I would post the pictures of the autograph book that I made for California, so here it is.  I still need to go through the close to 2000 pictures that I took while there and then I will post some of my favorites.  I probably won't blog next week because I'll be sleeping a lot of the time because I'll be on pain medication.









No comments:

Post a Comment